Saturday 10 December 2011

29th November 2011

   I now feel I have finished my contents page. After all of the pictures were inserted I felt that I could improve the pages as I had something to work around. I have changed the title's font to 'Accord Heavy SF', the same font used for 'Tunes' on the masthead. I feel that this font is more sophisticated and looks more professional on the page. Below the page title, I have placed the magazine masthead in a small white circle. I done this so that the page is branded and the identity of the magazine is emphasised. I have also included the issue number below this. I have arranged the codes and conventions of the double page spread into sections, separated by black lines.
   The first column on the left hand side, sectioned by the sub-heading 'Features', is where the main articles and interviews with artists are shown. These all give the page number of the article, the name of the artist and a snippet of information about the feature to entice the reader to find the page. These are arranged neatly in a column to give a more mature appearance. The features fit alongside the picture of Amy Winehouse, taking up the same length of the page, again giving a neat layout.
   The section below this includes a regular feature of the magazine, 'MyReview'. This article is something which will appear in each issue of the magazine and allows a member of the public to write a review on a current music topic such as a new album or concert. For this month a JLS fan has reviewed their new album. This goes along with the photo of JLS which I have put on the page.
   The left hand column on the right page features three images and a special offer to subscribe to the magazine at the bottom. I have arranged the photos so that they alternate between colour and black and white to make them stand out more.
   The far right column, sectioned off with the subtitle 'Review', consists of different reviews in the magazine. These again give a page number for where to find the review, either the name of the artist of the name of the review and a small amount of information. I have placed the picture of Josh and the album covers below the text and made the picture big enough so that there are no blank spaces. I have placed page numbers at the bottom of the magazine along with the issue date and the logo on the inside corner.
   I feel that the contents page is well branded with the logo appearing three times over the two pages. The three fonts used are both used on the front cover to continue the magazine's identity over the pages. Each subheading is written in upper case letter to make them stand out more and have a box around them. These boxes are the same colour blue as used on my cover and in my masthead title. I have used the 'My' feature of the title in several regular features, 'MyReview' and 'MyTop20' to again keep the magazine well branded with regular items. I believe that my contents page looks sophisticated and will appeal to both genders as I wished it to.


No comments:

Post a Comment