Wednesday 7 December 2011

20th November 2011

   I have now taken more photographs for my contents page of my friend, Francesca. I have chosen Francesca as she is photogenic and has fairly tanned skin which will compliment the look I am going for with her photos. I have gone for edgy styling with Francesca, almost giving her a warrior queen look. She wore a patterned gold dress with a black high waist belt. She has styled her hair with two chunky plaits on either side of the face, a quiff at the front and the rest hanging in loose curls. For accessories I gave her a black wristband around one wrist and a belt and bangles around the over. I also wrapped a chain around her hand and between her fingers. I believe that combined these give the image of a pop star. I have chosen for Francesca to not wear any make up as I felt that the natural look complimented the warrior image.
   I have taken several images of Francesca from different angles. I have asked her to pose with her hands on her hips and straight faced to give more of an attitude image. I believe that by doing this the photos will appeal to both genders as the pose is bordering on sultry and so will appeal to men and women may aspire to be like her for her fashion. I have chosen to use the photo shown to the right as I feel that it is the best one. I think that the photo looks better with her eyes looking at the camera and the over the shoulder angle is much more effective.
   I have edited this photo using Picnik on Picasa. I have put a faint sepia effect over the image to enhance the warrior-like feel. I have then increased the contrast of the image and sharpened it to make it look more professional and eye-catching.
   I have used this photo as the previous issue of 'Mytunes' before the one which I am creating. I have decided to this as I wished to show a subscribe feature in my contents page which will show a special offer. This is something which the magazine, 'Q' features in its contents pages. I have decided to show a previous issue as I did not want too many photos of Amy on my contents page and I intend to use another elsewhere on the page. I have used a similar layout to my main front cover, however, I have changed the plugs to feature different artists.
   I have now inserted this cover into my contents page at the bottom left column of the right page. I have shown a brief snippet of the offer, 12 issues of 'Mytunes' at half price. However I have given a page number to show where in the magazine to find out more about the offer.


No comments:

Post a Comment