Tuesday 6 December 2011

18th November 2011

   For a photograph in my contents page I wish to feature a celebrity. I have pictures from an Alexandra Burke concert which I went to. Alexandra Burke is a singer who fits perfectly into the genre of music of my magazine. With the X Factor being popular at the moment, I feel that an article on a previously successful winner would be very appropriate. As I have photos of her singing at her concert I have decided that her article will be a review of her concert. As this is her first concert, I will emphasise this fact and make the article appear exclusively to the magazine. This will encourage people to buy the magazine more so if they are interested in the particular artist.

     I have gone through all of the photos and chosen the best ones. I have decided on the photo shown to the right as I believe that the angle and pose in the photograph are very dramatic and captivating. I have edited this photo using picnik on picasa. I have decided to change the photograph to black and white as I feel that this makes it more effective, making the picture look more professional. I have then increased the contrast and sharpened the photo to give it a better quality. This article was also featured as one of the more prominent plugs on my front cover as I feel that it is one of the more important features.  
                                                                                                            
    I have now inserted the photo into the contents page. I have placed it in the left hand column of the right page. I have cropped the photo at the sides so that the photo has little background and the readers attention should no be diverted. I have placed a number at the top right of the photo to indicate which page the article will feature. I have used a white font for the page number so that it stands out against the dark photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment