Saturday 10 December 2011

28th November 2011

   I have now decided to use the cover with Francesca on as my main front cover instead of the picture of Amy as I felt that the photo looked better on the cover and would appeal to both genders more. Also as my contents page and double page spread contain photos of Amy I wanted use more of a variety of different people within the magazine.
   I have now used a different picture for the cover of the different issue of the magazine to go in my contents page as a feature to subscribe to the magazine. I have used one of the photos which I took for the cover of my preliminary task of my sister, Hayley. I have decided to use one of these photos as I had a variety of different shots of her and the previous issue is for October. As these photos show her styled as a vampire I feel that they would appropriately fit onto the cover. I have chosen a picture which shows her peering over a fan as I feel that this picture would appeal to both genders, showing a slightly alluring pose.

   I have edited the photo using Picnik. I have firstly removed and imperfections in the skin using the 'blemish remove' tool to give the skin the more perfect look of a pop star. I have then used the 'vampire eyes' tool to give her yellow eyes and the 'draculon dermis' tool to give her skin more smoothness like a vampire. I have used the 'black and white' effect to make the fan black instead of blue as I feel this is more appropriate and makes the photo seem darker. I have then increased the contrast and the sharpness of the picture to make it more professional and eye-catching.
   I have then replaced the picture of Franky with this one, changing the main plug to 'Niomi Hunter "new album, new look, new me"'. I chosen a name which I feel sounds like a pop star and have used a short quote which I feel would entice the reader into buying the magazine. I have then inserted the previous issue into my contents page in the same place where it was previously.


No comments:

Post a Comment