Wednesday 7 December 2011

25th November 2011

   I have taken more photos for my contents page. I have this time asked a friend, Josh, to model for me. I decided that I needed another photo of a male artist to balance the page out and keep the unisex image. I have taken a range of different photos of Josh in two different outfits. In the first photos, I have gone for an old-fashioned meets new trend image. Josh has been styled in red skinny jeans, a British flag T-shirt and a military-style grey jacket. Josh also wore aviator style glasses, an array of wrist bands and a scarf hanging out of his back pocket. I feel that this combination gives off the image of a music star, however, I feel that he does not look like your typical pop star and perhaps more of a pop/rock genre with the skinny jeans and the scarf in the back pocket. The jacket I feel is very Michael Jackson and gives that old fashioned feel. However I feel that it also looks modern due to the recent military fashion trends. The red colours of the jeans, scarf and T-shirt compliment each other and the sunglasses give people an instant connection to a pop star. I have chosen to use the photo shown on the right as I particularly like the angle and the pose in it, giving a laid back image with his hands in his pockets.
   I have then taken more photos of Josh in a different outfit. I have decided I am going to make an album cover for Josh to go with the other image. This album cover will have a photo of Josh on it. For this outfit I have chosen to go for darker styling to give off more of a rock image. Josh has been fashioned in with a black scarf draping over one shoulder and a silver chain over the other shoulder in the opposite direction. This I feel gives almost a Roman or Greek appearance. I have chosen this as I feel that many music stars push the boundaries in there styling and so wanted to go for something different. I have also got Josh to wear eye-liner to emphasise the rock look. I have taken the photographs in the evening whilst it was dark and have set up lamps around the room to make the lighting more dramatic. I have asked photographed Josh from different angles, directing him with a variety of different poses. As I particularly like the two photos shown to the right I have decided to put two album covers on the page, a normal and a deluxe edition. I feel that these will equal out more with the other photo of Josh.
   I have edited the three chosen images using Serif DrawPlusx3, increasing the contrast and the sharpness. To make the album covers I have firstly drawn out two black squares using auto shapes. I have then inserted the pictures and cut them out using the cut out studio. I have then drawn lines around the pictures, some in front of the images and some behind. I have changed the brush effect to 'smoke' and maximised the thickness of the lines. I have then coloured these lines white to make them contrast with the image and the background. I feel that these make the album cover look more dramatic and compliment Josh's styling. I have named the album 'SoundStreet' and have written the album name at the bottom of the covers. I have used a red font with a glass effect on it to make it stand out against the image. I have written 'deluxe edition' on the second cover overlapping the album name to distinguish the difference. I have come up with the name 'Alex Rider' as the artist's name and have placed the name on the album cover also. I have changed the transparency of the black square to a brick textures as I feel that this goes with the album name 'SoundStreet'.

   I have now inserted the photo and two album covers into my contents page in the bottom right corner. I have cut out the first photo of Josh and placed it on the right of the space. I have then placed the album covers at contrasting angles on the left of the other photo, one slightly behind it and the other overlapping. I have added a white glow to the three pictures to make them stand out more.







No comments:

Post a Comment