Wednesday 7 December 2011

24th November 2011

   I have now decided to put a picture of Amy in my contents page. I have looked through all of my full shots and chosen one which I feel will fit well on the page. I have decided the use the photo shown to the right as I want the image to go between the Alexandra Burke and Jessie J pictures. As Amy is not standing up I feel that this photo will fit nicely between without covering the other images to much. I am going to cut the background out of this photo so that it will overlap the other images without having an unnecessary background hiding some of the other photos. I think that it will also look good using a variety of different photos.
   I have tried to cut this image out using the cut out studio on Serif DrawPlusx3, however I found that some of the green still remained on some of the edges. Due to this I have firstly edited the photo using Picnik. I have used the black and white effect over the areas of the background which were not cutting out very well. I have then used the boost effect over the black and white to make the colour crisp white. I have done this around the photo so that not green remained around the areas which it was left after the attempted cut out. Whilst on Picnik I increased the contrast and the sharpness of the image. After the edit, I cut the image out again and found that this worked perfectly.

   I have now inserted the photo into my contents page. I have decided the position it behind the Jessie J picture but in front of the Alexandra Burke photo. As the photo is cut out it only overlaps the photo slightly and so doesn't take your attention away from it. I have added a white glow around the photo of Amy to make her stand out more so. I have also placed a number on the photo to show where the article will feature. I feel that I am happy with this column now and think that the colour photo of Amy looks good with two black and white photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment