Saturday 19 November 2011

31st October 2011

   I have now started designing a layout of my magazine in rough on paper. I have put the masthead title across the top of the page like the majority of magazines. I have written the 'M' and 'T' in upper case and the rest of the title in lower case as I feel this gives the title a more eye-catching appearance. I will have a look at fonts when I start designing the cover on the computer, however, I know that I want the font to be bold to make it stand out.
   I have not yet decided on a colour scheme, however, I know that I want to use colours that will appeal to both genders and give off a pop image. I think I will stay away from red because of its link to rock and pink and purple because of their biased gender stereotype. I think that the masthead will either be blue, orange or green.
   I think that I am going to have the plugs arranged down the left hand side of the page and then have a bar across the bottom which will feature more plugs. I will have a plus sign above the bar to present the extra plugs at the bottom as many exisiting magazines seem to.
   I know that I only want one image on the front cover, however, I have not decided what type of shot I want or who of yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment