Wednesday 23 November 2011

10th November 2011

   I have now decided to change my masthead title. The 'My' is now written in the font 'Chanson Heavy SF'. The 'Tunes' is written in the font 'Accord Heavy SF' and is situated inside the word 'My' down the middle. I decided on this as I was particularly fond of the layout of 'Q' magazine, with the masthead placed to the top left of the magazine cover, however, a large font still makes it stand out. I feel that by doing this the magazine now looks more unique and the masthead stands out more. The idea to feature the word 'Tunes' within 'My' came from looking at 'Company Magazine'. The masthead of this fashion magazine has the word 'magazine' written in the 'N' of 'Company'. I believe that this gives more of an edge to the masthead, making it stand out on the page. This has also enabled me to still fit the longer title in one corner of the page without it looking compressed and unprofessional.
   I have placed the masthead to the top of the cover so that it would still be seen clearly on the magazine stands. I have kept the same blue for the font of 'My' but have changed the 'Tunes' to white as it contrasts with the blue, making it stand out. I have used the font 'Chanson Heavy SF' for 'My' as it is a bold, san serif font. I have made it bold so that I can still place 'Tunes' in it without it being too small. I have used the font 'Accord Heavy SF' for 'Tunes' as I think that it looks good with the other font.

No comments:

Post a Comment