Saturday 19 November 2011

2nd November 2011

I have now started designing my magazine on the computer using Serif DrawPlusx3. I have found a couple of fonts which I believe look good for the masthead. I have created a bar at the bottom to put plugs in. This bar will be the same colour as the masthead to make it stand out and show consistency through the cover. I have tried out the three colours orange, blue and green and have tried out different variations of these colours with different fonts and images.
   I have used several images of celebrities to get an idea of how they would look with my layout and so that I can get an idea of what kind of shot I want and who of. I have tried pictures of a variety of celebrities and have practiced cutting them out so that there is no background. I need to decide whether I want the image to be behind the masthead our have it overlapping it as many magazines do.
   I have decided to use blue as I feel that it looks best and will appeal to both genres. Despite this, I believe that the colour scheme could change for special issues as some exiting magazines do. I am very fond of the cover shown to the right with Taylor Swift in a red dress. This is because it contrasts with the blue and so I feel it makes the photo stand out more. I have made the plug font which relates to Taylor Swift the same red as her dress using the colour select tool on Serif DrawPlusx3 to also make it more eye- 
catching. I think that I would like to have my photograph of a girl wearing red similarly to this cover I have created. I also like the medium close-up shot as I believe that you can see the person more clearly.


No comments:

Post a Comment