Tuesday 4 October 2011

27th September 2011

I have now completed the front cover of the magazine. I improved the design by moving the picture across to the left to allow more space for articles at the right of the cover. I have also made the picture bigger so that the articles don't take all the attention away from it. I have rotated the bar so that it is straight along the bottom, again to allow more area for other articles. I have added the article 'Take a look! Winners from our spine chilling vampire art competition!'. I have included words from the lexical field of Halloween, 'hair raising' and 'spine chilling', to enhance the theme through language. I have also used these words as they make the articles more eye-catching and interesting. I have removed the bar code as I realised it would not be necessary for a school magazine. I have taken a look at the magazines 'Glamour' and 'Company' to make my magazine look more like those already on the market. These magazines are aimed at a similar target audience to my magazine, teenagers to young adults. I have arranged the articles around the picture now, similarly to those I have looked at. Some of the articles overlap onto the picture. I have also changed the colour of some of the text in the articles to make them stand out more and make it more interesting. I have used the same orange which I used in the bar to compliment the Halloween theme. I believe that the use of orange makes the magazine appealing to both genders as it is a fairly unisex. I have inserted a white bar behind 'October 31st' and 'Take a Look!' to make them stand out more against the background. I have used white as it contrasts with the black font. I believe that although the image is of a girl it still appeals to men and women and the vampire image fits in with the current trends of the media. Therefore I feel this will appeal to a wide variety of people.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment