Tuesday 3 January 2012

15th December 2011

   I have now finished my front cover with the updated picture of Francesca. I have added the magazine website below the barcode, something which I found was often included on the covers of existing magazines. I have also rearranged the plugs with the smaller plugs now appearing on the right and the one in the circle on the left. I have also moved the plus sign over to the right below the plugs. I have changed the colour of the circle, using the colour picker on Serif. I have chosen a colour from Francesca's dress to compliment the photo more.
   I have added another plug which relates to the artist in my double page spread. I have used part of the article as the brief information given by the plug, 'Broadway lead to pop superstar', as well as the artist's name. I have changed the artist's names in the right plugs into the same blue as the masthead to give the page a more complimenting appearance and make the names stand out more. Both the artist's names and the information which goes with them have a bold font to make them stand out against the picture.
   I have added a slogan to the magazine, situated below the masthead. This reads 'MY MUSIC. MY SOUND. MYTUNES'. I have chosen to include a slogan as I found that it is something which the majority of magazines have. I have used repetition with 'my' in the slogan to make it sound catchier and emphasise that it is the magazine for you. I have decided to use three short sentences as I feel that this makes it sound more dramatic and to the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment