Tuesday 3 January 2012

12th December 2011

   I have now written an article for my double page spread. I have chosen to write an interview with the music star as I feel that this is something which would appeal to my target audience and this type of article often seems to feature in music magazines.
   I have introduced my article with a quote from the interview which reads 'Sometimes I just want to wear my fishnets and strut my stuff as Roxie!'. I have chosen to start the article with this as it gives a brief snippet of information as to what the article is about which grabs the reader's attention. I have chosen a quote which I feel is interesting and goes with the Chicago theme of the double page spread. The quote is written in first person and as it is about being the lead role in a Broadway musical, readers will know that it is Scarlet speaking, which again will make them want to read the article more so if they are a fan. The quote features the use of the alliteration, 'strut my stuff', which makes it sound more appealing to the ears and so makes the sentence stand out. I have chosen to write the sentence in bold and have used larger font size to the rest of the article to make it stand out more.
   Below the quote I have written a brief introduction to the article. The use of the phrase, 'From a lead role on Broadway to pop superstardom', informs the reader what th artist is famous for if they do not already know and if they do this emphasises the point. I have then written that Scarlet is going to be 'Sharing the secrets to her success', again the use of alliteration makes the sentence sound more interesting, and 'shedding light on her new album'. I have given the reader an idea as to what topics will be covered in the article so that the reader will know if they want to read it or not by what topics are told. However, I have kept the brief quite vague so that not too much has been given away and I have chosen general topics related to music so that most people would find this interesting to read. This paragraph has been written in a font size in between the main article and the introductory quote. 
   I have placed a white line above where the main article begins so that there is a clear divide for the reader to see. I have begun the main article using direct speech used by the interviewee to again draw the reader's attention. I have then continued by describing Scarlet's entrance to the interview and how busy she is. I have then asked an array of questions and shown her responses. The majority of the questions asked relate to Scarlet's music as this is part of the IPC of my magazine to be mainly about the music and not gossip. The questions and answers have the same font size, however, the questions are written in bold so that they can be distinguished easily. I have left a line after each answer before the next question so that it is clearer to see different questions with their answers. I have laid the main part of the article out into four columns across both pages. I have arranged the text so that it curves around the shape of the photo of Amy as this makes the layout look more professional.
   I have placed another quote from the article in the centre of the right page in a larger, bold font. This is something which I found magazine articles often features as they grab the reader's attention. I have chosen a quote which I again feel is interesting and I believe will entice the buyer to read the article. I have placed speech marks above and below the sentence, using a much larger font. These immediately indicate that someone is speaking which again draws in the reader as they want to find out what the artist has said.



No comments:

Post a Comment